Entry fee is €50,00.
No Late Entry Fee: Fee includes, race entry, race number, Legend T-Shirt, free camping, free parking, supervised transition areas, water stations, marshals & access to first aid.
Online entries will close Friday 17th July 2020 @ 18:00.
Yes teams may enter, but you must provide your team members, there will not be a pool of names that you can join. It will also be your responsibility to get your team mate to the allocated change over point. He/she must use the team “dibber” to clock in at designated check points.
Thankfully we are in the 21st century and this event is open to both males and females who are over the age of 18 years.
Yes, unfortunately due to insurance reasons competitors must be over 18, however if accompanied by a parent younger competitors are allowed.
At registration you will receive your Legend t-shirt and your course number. There will also be people there to answer any questions you may have.
We have broken each race into 3 categories. Gold, silver & bronze.
- Gold Competitor: One who trains regularly (5 times/week), competes regularly in endurance events and generally finishes in the top one third of finishers.
- Silver Competitor: Trains 3 or 4 times a week, competes once every 2 to 3 weeks and generally finishes in the middle of the field.
- Bronze Competitor: Athletes who compete now and again for fun, trains now and again for fun and finishes an event for fun. Competitors new to Adventure Racing.
Yes very much so, this is the ideal race for people who wish to get into adventure racing. While there are hills and tough sections to overcome, the distances are broken up nicely. There will also be several marshals along the way with first aid and other back up services should you get into difficulty.
While it is always important to have knowledge of where you are and where you are going, navigation skills are not necessary. The course will be well singed and marshalled. Just know which category you are in: Utra (65 km), Sport (45 km) or Mini (25 km).
The first wave will be at 10:00 and every 15 minutes after that, depending on numbers.
Yes each category will have a race brief prior to race start. It will give instructions & information regarding transition area, directions, health & safety and what to do if...
The mandatory kit is:
- Basic first aid kit (Minimum: 1 x Ambulance Dressing; 1 x bandage, plasters)
- Buoyancy Aid (Provided at Lilliput)
- Survival bag or foil blanket
- Energy food and drink
- Wind/ Waterproof Top
- Bicycle helmet and bike repair kit for cycling section only (not mandatory to carry throughout the race)
Other Items that may be required if conditions are cold or wet:
- Gloves *
- Hat (Buff Head-wear or equivalent is sufficient)*
- Spare long sleeved top*
- Small rucksack or suitable carry bag to carry above at all times except for kayak stage*
* This kit is weather forecast dependent. We’ll let you know about the weather on Saturday morning and confirm whether these additional items are needed.
You must bring all mandatory equipment with you throughout the race except on the kayak stage. A buoyancy aid must be worn on the Kayak section and a cycling helmet must be worn on the cycle stage. It is also imperative that after the kayak section your paddle and buoyancy aid are stored properly, and after the bike section your helmet is safely put away.
Each participant will have their own personal timing chip known as a “dibber”. This is worn at all times and is used to check in at the designated check points. At the race end you will almost instantly get your various times and splits for each section.
As the roads are all good tarmac surface, racing & road bikes are suitable. You can of course use a mountain or other type bike. All bikes must be road worthy and our bike mechanics will be checking to make sure they are. Good tyres and brakes are essential. The smoother and thinner your tyre, the faster you will be.
While trail shoes are recommended ordinary good road running runners will suffice.
That is not a problem but, your boat must be lake worthy and again a buoyancy aid must be worn. You can leave your boat at lakeside prior to race start.
The parking is right beside the transition area and lakeside in Lilliput Adventure Centre. There will be marshals there making parking as easy a process as possible for everybody. Please co-operate with them.
Sorry, we do not hire bikes.
There will be prizes for the first 3 male and female competitors in both the Ultra & Sport. There will also be prizes for the first 3 overall in the Mini.